Wednesday, April 20, 2022

A Little About Me.

Angela and me riding in the 2021 Veterans Day Parade in Lewiston.


As I said in my introduction, my name is Arnold. I have been a Christian since 1981. (I'll be posting my full testimony soon.) I've been married to a high school friend, Angela, for nearly 17 years. Angela and I live in Clarkston, Washington. When people who aren't familiar with the area ask where Clarkston is, I ask, "You know where Seattle is?" They say, "Yes." I say, "Clarkston is nowhere near Seattle." Clarkston is almost as far from Seattle as you can get and still be in Washington.  I am currently employed as a school bus driver for the school district in Lewiston, Idaho. That should give a clue where Clarkston is. Angela and I attend the Calvary Chapel in Lewiston.

I began riding my own motorcycles eight years ago at the age of 49, going on 50. A family member once asked me if this was a midlife crisis thing. I said, "You [better believe] it is!" The truth is, I was introduced to riding by a "Big Brother" when I was 9 years old. He'd take me for rides on his motorcycle and I fell in love with riding and have wanted to ride ever since. I did a little here and there over the years but finally took the plunge, buying my first bike, a 1989 Yamaha Virago 250 "Route 66", in 2014. My next bike was a 2012 Harley Davidson Sportster 883 XL. I bought my current bike, a 2003 Honda Goldwing GL 1800 on orders from Angela. 😉

I currently serve as Chapter President of the Lewiston Clarkston Gospel Riders #113, a chapter of the Christian Motorcyclist Association. Our chapter is the oldest continuous chapter in Idaho. I consider myself blessed to serve in a chapter with such a rich history in the ranks of CMA. Of course, I'll be writing more about that in future posts as well.

That is enough for now. Unless I am led to do otherwise, I believe I'll be sharing my testimony over the next few posts. 

Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully We can ride together one day. Good to see Your staying busy. Miss ya Unkle, hi to Ang. Keep em both on the road!

    ReplyDelete

A Motorcycle Museum in Kansas.

On our way through Kansas, we encountered the  St. Francis Motorcycle Museum . This museum is a must-see, even if it takes you a...